Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Move'n and Groove'n Day

It's been an interesting day...
  • Spent almost 90 minutes trying to talk Doug into actually eating something for breakfast and ended up having to walk him in and admit to his teacher that he'd only had some orange juice to drink (she said she'd had days like that too)
  • Forked over a bunch of cash to the plumber who pulled another batch of "new" wipes out of the drain. Jim has been so busy and with the rain we had it just wasn't getting done. Unfortunately the guy left a mess so we'll see where my complaint goes
  • Andy woke Jo up from her nap after only about one hour so he has been threatened to within an inch of his life if he should EVER do it again
  • Waited (and waited and waited) for the DirectTV guy to come and then spent three hours with him while he upgraded us to HD (I got a deal too...they upgraded me for free plus the relatively minor handling charge) so now we can actually use the HD portion of our TV set. He also moved the connection into the living room so I can do some flip-flopping of rooms that makes more sense to me
  • Doug was having trouble falling asleep, and so was Jo. The solution...I put them both in Jo's crib with the instructions that Doug was to "help" Jo fall asleep. I think it worked because it has been quiet in there for a couple hours. I guess I should get motivated and move him back to his bed, unless Jim has beaten me to it

Not a bad day...just busy. I also worked some and got some laundry done so I should probably go to bed.

No comments: