Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tired, Tired, Tired

Today I am just plain tired.
I have not gotten enough sleep lately between Doug having trouble falling asleep (two out of the last 5 nights), me staying up too late (a different two nights out of the last 5 nights) and Doug throwing up last night (but he seemed fine this morning) so that I spent part of the night with him in the recliner.
Additionally, I FINALLY got to talk to a manager at Roto-Rooter about the mess the plumber left last week. I am the type of person who hates conflict, but it should be the manager trying to get a hold of me, not me having to chase him down after almost a week's worth of calls. I was beginning to think that "he's on a conference call" was code words for "he doesn't think you're worth the time of day to call back." So now I am sending a letter with what was damaged and values and let's hope that it elicits a speedier response then the phone calls did. At least the secretaries I talked to there were nice.
I'd like to think that I might go to bed earlier tonight, but I have a bunch of stuff I need to do and at some point I have to at least pretend that I am getting a ton of Grad Assistant work done.

2 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

Ack! What happened? That's the last thing you need!

Hope you get decent customer service from them. And get some sleep!

Susan Z said...

The equipment used to clean out the drain sprayed sewer water 5-6 feet in either direction of the machine. The plumber didn't warn me ahead of time and when I pointed it out his comment was "that went pretty far" and he made no attempt to clean it up. It got on some boxes and a bunch of stuff I had set aside for a possible garage sale. Nothing like little specks of poop on everything.