Saturday, February 9, 2008

Check me in now...

Perhaps I was slightly insane when I decided to do roll-out cookies with two year olds. It actually went better than I thought it would and I even ended up with a little bit of colored sugar left over. Doug and Andy were very excited about the cookies. They were thrilled that we were cutting out cars, trucks, dump trucks, train engines, T-Rexes, and stegosauruses. They had more colored sugar on the tray then the cookies, but they loved putting candies and sprinkles on.
Then it was a nice enough outside that I took them to a park and they had a marvelous time. I just love seeing what they can that is new each time. Both Doug and Andy sat on the big kids swings and let people push them. Jo had a fabulous time too. They had baby swings which she loved, she got to slide down the slide several times, and she loved being outside watching the boys play.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, you are brave. Whenever I try to be a cool mom like that and let the kids decorate cookies or something, I just about have a stroke. Glad it went well -- the cookies sound really cute.

Ann in NJ said...

If it's really a lot, scrape the excess sugar off the trays and make a "mixed" color container for next time. It does take a lot of patience and an acceptance of the outcome to do cookies with small children!