Thursday, February 28, 2008

Picking up the pieces

This morning Jo and Andy slept in a little, so for awhile it was just Doug and me. Doug asked for cereal for breakfast so I put a generous handful of Cheerios in a bowl. He said he wanted milk on it, and I told him that he would have to sit at the table. So he picked up his bowl and headed for the table. The poor guy tripped when he got to the kitchen floor and spilled all but two Cheerios.

Yes it was fortunate that they were dry and that they were on the smooth kitchen floor, but that is how the whole day felt...like I was picking up the pieces. Everything I had planned to do didn't get done, and everything that I did was important but something that I didn't know needed to be done and it had to be done right away (I need one of those signs that says "a crisis on your part does not constitute a crisis on my part")

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I totally hear you. This is how my days have been for a LONG time. I just can't seem to catch up with anything that needs to be done or that I really want to get done around here, but it seems as though I'm always doing or taking care of something that needs to be done still. i guess this is part of being a mom, wife and taking care of your home. :)
hugs, Jenn