Saturday, February 23, 2008

A few fries short of a happy meal...

We have two cats. Perdido is a very "catty" cat. She has very stereotypical cat-like behavior and is reasonably intelligent.
Hogan is a whole other story.
The cat has singed half his whiskers by getting to close to a candle. He has fallen in a bathtub that was draining, he has fallen in the sink, he has even fallen in a toilet. He has run smack-dab into a wall when he was running around and missed the door. He also has yet to figure out that he might want to hide (or at least run away) when Jo heads toward him. Doug can be pretty gentle with him, but Jo has managed to get several good handfuls of hair a few times before I could get to her to detach her gently.
Well...tonight I was finishing up cleaning the kitchen after dinner and I could hear some meowing. So I checked the laundry room thinking he had followed me in there...no cat. I was thinking that the meowing had sounded pretty close but couldn't think where else he could be. Then I opened the cupboard under the sink so get out the dishwasher detergent.

Out comes Hogan....
You just have to wonder a little about the cat.....

No comments: