Thursday, March 5, 2009

Basket Lunches

I still do gimmicky lunches with the kids lately. The last couple of days it has been eating food in a basket. We have some of those plastic baskets like they serve food in at fried fish or chicken places.
So I have been putting a paper towel in the bottom of the basket and serving the kids lunch. Yesterday it was chicken nuggets, banana, and cheezit crackers. Today it was pizza rolls (or peanut butter sandwich for my one who doesn't "like" pizza) and a custard cup with fruit in it. I'll have to keep thinking about things that can easily go in a basket. Nothing too sticky or juicy.

2 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

See, cute food tastes better! How about crackers and cheese? Or lunchmeat rolled up, maybe even with a toothpick through (ooooh). Anything tastes better on a toothpick. Mini fruit kabobs?

Susan Z said...

My kids like to eat meatballs and pieces of fruit on toothpicks. I'd forgotten about that because it has been a few weeks since we have done toothpicks.