Saturday, March 21, 2009

Discounts

Whenever we have gone shopping for children's clothing, or at least new children's clothing I have either hit the clearance racks at large chain stores or gone to Osh Kosh B'gosh. The chain stores sometimes have good deals; although it can feel like there must be lots of children out there the same size as yours because you sometimes see every size but the one you need.
Why have we gone to Osh Kosh...well we can shop at an outlet and they gave a discount for multiples...
Note the past tense of "gave."
Today we went to purchase new jeans for Doug & Andy since they have recently ripped out the knees on several pairs. I took my jeans to the counter and the clerk rang them up. I said, oh yeah...I have twins may I please have the multiples discount. She said they don't give it any more.
I ended up just leaving. I don't like to be rude, but I had exclusively shopped there because of their multiples discount. Without the discount I can find my clothes cheaper elsewhere.

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

I think that was the right response. You made the choice to shop there based on the discount, they no longer offer it, and didn't notify you (sign, or something) before you selected the clothing, so you had every right to walk out. It also is the best way to send the message to the company that you are no longer a customer because they no longer met your needs. Don't feel like you were rude - you didn't yell at the salesperson, and putting the clothes back on the rack is their job.