Saturday, March 28, 2009

He's growing up...

I had signs today that Andy is definitely growing up. I already knew that he was pretty independent and could definitely fend for himself (he has a knack for finding things off the top shelf in seconds...hence the fingerpaint on the carpet a few days ago).

Today he and Doug were out back playing. I did a few things inside and then headed out to check on them. They had managed to fill half a trashcan with leaves and Andy was heading to find a trash bag while Doug hauled the trashcan toward the curb.

Then when dinner was finishing Josie decided that she would rather go straight to bed then finish her milk. Immediately after she said this Andy got up (on his own) and put her leftover milk in the fridge and went and got a wet washcloth to wipe her up (despite the fact that I was already there cleaning her).

Then after his shower with Daddy, I was still putting Josie in her jammies and Andy came shooting out of the bathroom. I thought he would be dripping all over the place but he had dried himself and was headed to get underwear and PJ's out of his drawer.

No comments: