Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lenten Update

How am I doing on my Lenten activity of not having unfinished projects?
It depends on how you define project....
I think I have been more on top of laundry and perhaps dishes lately.
I have (mostly) not worked on any of the things that I listed on the original post....however I do feel like I have made some progress. Jim and the kids did a huge amount of yard work while I was at a conference on Saturday and then I also got some more leaves cleaned up that had been bothering me (and yes I realize that it is Spring and the leaves stopped falling a long time ago).
I admitted that I really don't have time to manage a garage sale and so the huge pile that was in the workroom has been mostly donated. I need to figure out where the last little bit is headed and write it down and get it out of here. That opens up the workroom immensely and makes it easier to get at boxes to unpack.
I also have been doing a lot of school work lately. I still feel behind but I am making progress and I have been a little more realistic about setting a single reasonable goal during a day and then feeling good about getting it (and perhaps a little bit more) done. This is really huge for me because I always over-estimate how much I can get done...or underestimate how long it's going to take for me to do something...I'm not sure which it really is but it results in me always feeling behind and disappointed. So realistic time planning is a big improvement.

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

Hey, Great job! I also find when I bite off less than I think I can chew, I have a better result.

And good job on cleaning out stuff. The psychic clutter caused by clutter is very overwhelming - you may find your spirits lifting as your house gets "lighter".