Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beep

We have a beep somewhere in the house...
It is in the neighborhood of the kitchen but does not appear to be a timer or microwave or something like that. It goes off periodically during the day and I know that it goes off about 10:30 pm every night. It only goes off once each time that it beeps and it is definitely a beep and not the squeak of a smoke detector (which I have found the numerous ones the people in the house before us had stashed all over the place). I just can't quite find the beep....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had that for years, every night at 10:17pm.
We think is was the phone company doing automated line testing, causing a very short "ring" on
Our very cheap telephone. We eventually changed phones
and that made it go away. Does it sound anything like your phone?

-john

Susan Z said...

Hmmm...I hadn't thought about that. We have one corded phone in the kitchen and then four phones where one is attached to the phone line and the rest can be anywhere just plugged into an outlet. Perhaps I will gather phones together and listen tomorrow night. I'll have a phone party!