Saturday, April 12, 2008

Color Flower

Oh the lies we tell our children to convince them to do things.
I remember when I was in elementary school that I started eating peas because my sister said the rhyme "I eat my peas with honey, I've done it all my life. They do taste rather funny...but it keeps them on my knife." I know it is corny but it worked for me.

So tonight Jim had smoked a pork (yum) and made some vegetables on the side. Now Doug could eat his weight in broccoli. He has been known to choose broccoli over sweet things at restaurants. Andy is not far behind in his love of broccoli. Occasionally we can convince the kids to eat cooked carrots. I admit that as much as I liked raw carrots I don't think I ate cooked carrots until I was in middle school.

Well, tonight the boys happily ate cauliflower. Did you know that "color flower" turns you blue or red, or maybe even orange.

No comments: