Monday, April 7, 2008

Peck'o dirt

There is a saying that you have to eat a peck of dirt before you die. A friend of ours commented once when he was little he had heard this saying and at one point started to worry that he was close to having eaten his peck'o dirt.

I think my kids are working on eating at least two pecks. We try to get outside when it is nice outside and Lord knows I have plenty of yard work I can do while we are out there. The only catch is what to do with Jo. She is getting close to 20 pounds so it is no light matter to haul her on my back these days but just the last weekend we turned the tide to walking more than we are crawling (though not exclusively walking). So we have a little play house thing we got second hand that I will put out on the yard for her to play on, but now she is getting more confident and doesn't just stay at the designated area anymore. She has taken to wandering and sampling various things around the yard...sticks, acorns, dirt....ewwwww. I turned around yesterday and Doug has his little plastic shovel in Jo's mouth shoveling dirt in....yuck! So let's just hope that it is clean dirt and the whole "God made dirt, so dirt don't hurt" saying is true...because my kids are sure testing it.

No comments: