Thursday, April 3, 2008

"I buy it"

It has been interesting to watch how quickly Doug & Andy have caught onto wanting things and having to buy things.
Doug loves looking at catalogs with train items (videos, toys, etc.). Andy looks at things and notices things also. Doug usually says "mommy I need XXX." I try to say "do you need or do you want?" so that hopefully we understand the difference. Andy sometimes will say the "I need/I want" but often he will say "I never had that before."

Sometimes it seems to be the strangest thing that they want. For instance we often see an add for this pancake puff pan that makes both boys really want pancakes and in particular pancake puffs.

So this morning when Andy was getting into the cooking utensils which are in a pot on the counter I told him that he would need to ask daddy.

Andy: Daddy, can I play with your cooking tools.
Me: Daddy is at work and can't answer you right now, but I don't think he wants you playing with them.
Andy: I buy them

Then he proceeded to hand me pretend money and select his cooking tool.

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

William wants pancake puffs, too. He reminded me of that just this evening. He said they would make great finger food.