Thursday, April 3, 2008

Potty Party!

When we got home this evening I started on changing diapers and Andy was not poopy but declared that he needed to sit on the potty to poop! Of course then Doug wanted to do it too. Fortunately we have a little potty seat that goes on the big toilet and a little potty chair. So Andy and Doug both sat on the potty tonight...at the same time...and I lost track of how many times they switched where they were sitting.
We did end up with poop in the potty (from Andy) and probably (not sure) a bit of pee also (from Doug). So hopefully we are starting a good trend.

Course later Jo sort of freaked Jim and I out. I remember when Doug was this age he might get a bit fussy when he was poopy and I remember when Andy was about 14 months he went through a stage where he would bring you a diaper and lay down...but he was usually playing and not poopy. Well, I had already changed a poopy diaper on her when I was getting the boys ready for bed. She started pulling wipes out of the container but was across the room from me. So Jim and I told her to bring mommy the wipe. She walked (yep...walked) across the room and handed me the wipe. Near by was a diaper and she picked that up and handed it to me. So I picked her up and sure enough...she was poopy. I'll be interested to see if she does it again

No comments: