Saturday, April 19, 2008

Noses

This morning as I got out of the shower I could hear what sounded like Andy saying "Give me back my nose!"
I don't know what was going on exactly or even if I heard what he was saying correctly, but it took me back many, many years.

You see, many years ago I went to visit my brother and his family. Now, Bill and Carol have 4 children...Cody, Allison, Ben and Steve. Cody is about 7 years older than Allison and Ben and Steve are just around 2 years younger than Allison....Ben and Steve are twins (their last three are the reverse of my three...one and then two instead of two and then one).

Anyway, I went to visit them and we were riding somewhere in the car. Allison at the time was only around 3 years old and Cody was messing with her. He "stole" her nose and wouldn't give it back. No amount of showing or trying to make her feel that her nose was really still there would convince the three-year-old Allison that her nose really WAS still there. Then, in the immortal words that no person would ever imagine saying until they become a parent, Carol hollered from the front of the car "Cody! You give your sister back her nose!"
He did and that was the end of it.

No comments: