Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Perspective

I was thinking today about perspective.
First, you know how sometimes if you are sitting at a stop light and the person next to you starts moving you feel as if you are moving? I had sort of a similar experience with a textbook. I have to admit that I am tired and slightly distracted these days, but when I was reading my textbook I had to look twice...then a third time...then even closer. I even pulled out the really bright light on my key chain to look at it. I thought I was developing blurred vision.
It turned out that for some reason the text on the outside column of several pages has a shadow...kind of a double print effect where the printing press must have been out of alignment. The inside column is fine...but the outside column looked blurry.

Secondly, normally I would be impatient if I had to wait for a train, but now that I have little boys and in particular a little boy who likes trains I was actually excited to be stopped by a train. We counted two engines and 104 hopper cars. If you ask the boys though...there were a whole bunch of "happy" cars.

No comments: