Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Confession

Can a rake make you happy?
.
.
.
I have a confession to make...I have been sweeping our yard. I don't mean that I have been using one of those things that attaches behind a riding lawn mower...I mean that I have been using a broom to "sweep" up the leaves in our yard.

It is probably pathetic but at our last house we were in a fairly new subdivision and there were hardly any trees to speak of and the ones that were there were pretty small, didn't drop many leaves, and there were hardly any fences or anything to really catch leaves. So we never owned a lawn rake.
The house we are in now has large well established trees that drop lots of leaves and we have fences and bushes and such that catch leaves. We definitely need a lawn rake.
I did purchase one shortly after we moved into the house. It even had some sort of warranty on it. I think I used it once and then Jim used it for something (I can't remember what) and apparently it was something you should not use that kind of a rake for... because it broke.
We had the receipt and returned it...but it was one of those days where I sat with sleeping children in the car and Jim ran in and did the return. He somehow didn't end up replacing the rake...he just returned it.
So it has taken from Dec/Jan until now for us to get around to getting another rake. I got to use it yesterday and it was fabulous. A rake can be a happy thing if you didn't have one before and it truly is the thing that you need to make your life easier because it is THE tool for the job. So, if you were wondering...a rake CAN make you happy.

2 comments:

Jill in MA said...

And two rakes can make you even happier, because then you can share the work!

(And don't forget, you can also get little kid rakes!)

ooolia said...

My kids LOVE to rake. It doesn't always get done the way I would of done it, but well... maybe that says more about me than raking.