Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Boop

If you are of a certain age you remember the filmstrips they showed in school that had the cassette tape to go with it with a "boop" every time you were supposed to turn it to the next frame. Well, Doug, as I have said before, can be very silly. I have no earthly idea how he came up with the idea or exactly why he does it (though by now I suspect that he knows it is silly) but when we are putting the boys to bed we say a good-night prayer. We have the boys either "make prayer hands" or more often they want to hold hands. We say a little prayer that Andy is getting very close to being able to say all of the lines on, especially if you start the line for him. Doug, on the other hand, is an entirely different story.
Our usual prayer goes something like this :
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John boop
Bless the bed that I lie on boop
Four corners boop to my bed boop
Four angels boop round my head boop
One to watch boop
One to pray boop
And two to boop guide me through my day boop
Amen

He sort of leans forward and looks around at everyone when he says it but it's not like he has a goofy look on his face or anything. His face is just as serious as ours although his eyes get really big when he says "boop" and he is very good about saying Amen at the end, but he sounds just like the filmstrip.
I really want him to be serious about it, and I would like him to say the prayer, but it is soooooooooooo hard not to laugh when he does it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pop says, the Holy Spirit is helping Doug pray - we don't have to understand - just stand with him.