Thursday, November 22, 2007

Ironic

So I have essentially been without Internet for a few days now. First I took the new car in because a light came on and Milton who we bought it from seemed unsurprised that a light came on. So he sent me to get a part fixed. Well, we are new in town so I just took it to a place that seemed reasonable.

They were idiots. They didn't hurt the car but they did things that weren't necessary. I ended up spending most of the day there and of course they didn't have wi-fi. I was feeling guilty because Milton said to send him the bill even though they were idiots and did things like replace the coolant because they didn't know that Honda coolant is blue.
Then I took it to the dealer the next day and spent most of the day there. They didn't have wi-fi there either. So both days I was essentially without wireless but I did have my computer so I got an amazing amount written on this huge paper. While I was sitting at the dealer I happened to see a newspaper someone had left behind and they horoscopes were sitting out. SO of course I read mine.
Now I don't know that it constitutes necessarily a 2x4 from God (as my friend Catherine would say) but I do think if you are listening He talks to you...sometimes more directly than others. My horoscope said something about not all mistakes are sins and to forgive yourself and move on. Perhaps I am reading things into the horoscope but I took the message as to not feel guilty about the visit to the idiot car people and sending the bill to Milton and that I should just move on and I realized that being trapped in the car places actually helped me get a lot one on my course work.

Then we left to go to Jim's sister's house for Thanksgiving. We had wi-fi at the hotel but we were far enough away from their router that we couldn't get Internet in the room and I just went to bed and got some sleep.

Of course there is something ironic about the fact that there is not Internet at places were you are forced to spend hours and there is Internet at places where you really should be there for a short amount of time. Did you know some DQ's have Internet...and that if you are quick you can find two journal articles for your paper as you go through the drive-thru?

No comments: