Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lots o' people

As we were driving to the babysitters this morning I said something about us going to visit Aunt Jennifer next week for Thanksgiving. I realized that Doug and Andy might not know who I meant because we refer to her as "Tia" so we don't confuse Aunt Jennifer with Aunt Jenni. So as soon as I mentioned "Tia" Andy said "Lots o' people...My people."

It took me a minute to place where this conversation came from. About a week ago Andy told me "I love you mommy" and I can't remember why now but I went into how I loved him, and daddy loved him, and Doug and Jo loved him, and Nana, Pop, Grandma, Aunt Jenni, Uncle Michael, Cousin Delaney, Auntie Ann, Cousins JC, Rachael, William, Uncle John, our other Uncle John, Aunt Lisa, and all the way through everyone who loved him including our "adopted" aunts and uncles who are Mommy and Daddy's friends.
We named everyone.
I remember saying "That's a lot of people who love you...they're your people."
It's amazing to me what sticks in a 2 year old's head and what a wonderful thing to have him remember...that he is loved.

3 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

So your 2-yr old has peeps, huh?

Jennifer said...

That is so cute!!
We say to my son, since he was little that we love him to the moon and back... from a book called "Guess How Much I Love You"... it started with my nephew and now every child in our family has the book. Well the other day he told me he loves me to the curtain store and back. Although we don't where the curtain store is that he is talking about. LOL
Kids, they remember the BEST things and say the cutest things!!
hugs,
Jenn

Lisa C said...

That is adorable and absolutely wonderful that he "got" the concept. =)

And Jennifer, I love that book "Guess how much I love you"... I get to read it at a volunteer reading program I help with and it's fun.

Lisa (the twin sis)