Friday, November 30, 2007

Two Year Olds Can Be Funny

I knew the old saying about kids saying everything they hear...what they don't tell you is that they will say it in exactly the same tone of voice you say it in.
I had heard the kids call each other using the same cadence as I do, and it was cute when we went through the "uh oh" stage, complete with the raised hands like mom says it.
Now we have Doug who says "Awww, man" when something doesn't quite go his way, and unfortunately Andy...when trying to convince me to do something will now say "Oh come on" just like I do. The scary part is that you don't even necessarily realize you say these things....let alone say them often enough to have kids repeating them.

Also, I knew that sarcasm is totally wasted on 2-year olds, but I still can't help having it come out of my mouth sometimes. I asked Andy yesterday if he could be any more whiny.....
He very seriously told me "Yes."

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is so funny about the "can you be more whiny?" and he said yes. ~ My brother asked my nephew why he couldn't walk (he is almost 3) and he told my brother "my legs are broke." ~ something my brother asks him... why can't you walk... are you legs broken? lol like they say... Kids say the darndest (sp?) things! ;o)
~hugs, Jenn