Monday, November 5, 2007

House Update II

After spending some more money to get the chimney check-out on the potential house, we did hear back that they are unwilling to change the spending cap they put on repairs. We weren't looking for cosmetic things, just things that keep the house safe and basically functional (like electric issues and working stoves, etc.) So unless they have a drastic change of heart, we will be back looking at houses. In some ways I am relieved because I had some concerns about the settling of the house even though they had a report saying that it was done settling.

2 comments:

Lisa C said...

I'm sorry to hear you are back looking. Though I agree about the relief. I was worried there was too much to fix and if the foundation had to be fixed before sale, that can get really expensive. I'm surprised they weren't willing to fix safety issues, that's usually a basic people will cover. Better to be safe though and I hope something more suited to your needs comes up.

Ann in NJ said...

You are probably better walking away than buying a house you have reservations about, no matter the price. Sellers often have a rather inflated view of what the house is worth (and why should I put money into it if i'm selling it?). There is another house suited to your needs out there, it just may take a little looking.