Monday, January 14, 2008

Avalanche

So if you heard a loud "phump!" and thought maybe there had been an avalanche that was the sound of a whole lot of work being dumped on my plate. It started Friday when suddenly I had my paper and a professor's paper to work on over the weekend. Then there was the stuff I grabbed on Thursday because I thought I might have a little bit of time on the weekend (which of course the answer was no I didn't have time). Somehow we haven't even had a week of classes this semester and there is already tons to do.
So perhaps part of my problem is perfectionism
and part is procrastination (I am the queen at using one important thing to procrastinate on doing another important thing)
and part is being indecisive about prioritizing (Me: You mean that I actually have to make a decision about what to tackle first? Ack! I'll just start it all)
So did I get things done this weekend?
No! I DID things but I wouldn't say I actually FINISHED anything.

Jim got more kitchen unpacked, I moved around some furniture, we broke down and bought the tool we need to put together Jo's crib and the table and etc. and we will probably find our tool tomorrow. I even made a stab at organizing toys in the play room.

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

It always seems to come at once. I call it decision paralysis - you can't decide which is more important so you spin your wheels and end up with nothing done.

Good luck!