Thursday, January 17, 2008

I scream, You Scream...

Last night after choir we stopped at TCBY on the way home.
The boys were very excited about eating chocolate frozen yogurt. They got to sit at the small table that this store has. They were smiling and greeted everyone who came in or was already there. It also doesn't matter what I have...they want to eat out of my bowl even if I have the exact same thing they have. Jo enjoyed it too. She was like a little bird with her mouth open to eat frozen yogurt. She ate enough that her little chin was shaking because she made herself cold.

Anyway, the boys danced around and ate their frozen yogurt and my frozen yogurt and were singing and commenting and we had to keep them from buddying up to closely to everyone who was there. The girls behind the counter just kept smiling at them.

Finally, most everything was eaten and it was time to load up and go home. Doug was wearing a pair of overalls that had snaps in the bottom for changing the diaper and the snaps had come undone. So I decided to snap them up before we headed out to the car. I set him down on a chair and started snapping. When I got to the crotch area I realized in horror that I was seeing things I shouldn't! There was no diaper.

Low and behold one side of the diaper must have let loose and the diaper had worked it's way down his leg and the diaper was stuck in the pants down at the ankle.
Of course this was one of the many places that does not have a diaper changing table in the restroom, so I had to whisk him out to the car and get things set right. I am just glad that we didn't end up with a puddle of anything on the floor because I have no idea how long he had been "exposed."

1 comment:

Jen said...

LOL -- that's hilarious! Glad it didn't turn into a disaster for you!