Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We get by with a little help from our friends

Ok, so maybe it is with a lot of help from our friends.
My in-laws actually lined the bathroom drawers and shelves and got almost all the stuff off the counter and put away two boxes of stuff marked "bathroom." They also helped setup food and Wayne swept and straightened the laundry room (where I had pulled up the flooring).
Our friends Peter, Traci, and Danielle helped generally straighten and manage food and children, etc. Peter (and Danielle) helped set-up our desktop computers and get them all hooked-up to the Internet. These are the same people who packed most of my house and helped pack the truck when we were moving out. We wouldn't have gotten moved if it hadn't been for them.
In the process of trying to find things (for the baptism lunch, the parts to setting up the computers, etc.) I actually finally found some phones to plug in! So we are definitely making progress. We also have our cats back. They are pathetically friendly and are having to remember what children are like because they have had a cat "sanctuary" for 6 months while they lived with my in-laws (bless them...I just wasn't sure how I was going to manage cats in an RV).
I think that it doesn't just take a village to raise a child, but it takes a village to survive moves with most of your sanity intact!

No comments: