Tuesday, January 29, 2008

House Updating



While I have been very busy with my courses already this semester I figured that one easy way to start updating the house was to swap out the handles on the kitchen (and bathroom) cupboards. The ones that were on there where thin handles that had sort of a leaf pattern at either end. They were so grubby that it felt a little sticky to grab them to open a cupboard or a drawer. I am also having to clean the wood a little bit when I remove the handle but it is looking good so far. It took me a little bit to find a handle that I liked the price on (since I have 33+ handles to replace) and that would also look good angled. The handles either had to work mounted on an angle or it would have involved filling and painting one of the holes and possibly drilling new holes if we had ended up with a handle that had to be parallel to one of the edges of the cupboard door. So, while I am not completely done replacing all of the handles, I have made progress and I like the way these look, and I think these will look ok with whatever kitchen color we end up painting the paneling, and these are also so much more pleasant to grab onto to open the door or a drawer. In the picture you can see the old one on the left and the new one on the right. If I get a chance I will take a picture of how it changes the bathroom cupboards and drawers because in there they painted the handles white.

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

Isn't it amazing how such a small change can make such a big difference? I changed out our cabinet handles when we first moved to this house, and it made a huge difference in the look and feel of the kitchen. Enjoy your newness!