Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cupcakes

This weekend we made cupcakes. Andy got to choose the frosting flavor because I let him smell two flavorings and decide which one he wanted. We frosted the chocolate cupcakes with white peppermint frosting and then sprinkled them with green sugar for St. Patrick's day.

Monday Doug ate 4 cupcakes. He had one with me and my permission. Later he brought Jim the empty paper from a cupcake. Then we were outside and Jim noticed fresh frosting on Doug and asked him about it. Doug didn't really say anything, but upon coming into the house we found another empty cupcake paper. After coming in from outside we went to change the kids' diapers and next thing I know I turn around to find Doug holding a cupcake out and Jo has her face buried in it. So he was banned from cupcakes for the rest of the day.

Today, Nana and Pop have come up to visit us during Spring Break. After dinner we went out on the deck to have some cupcakes (it is easier to eat them out there then deal with cleaning up crumbs). We get the cupcakes distributed to everyone and I peel the paper for Doug. Then I turned to see if Andy needed help with the paper from his cupcake.
His cupcake is gone...completely gone....paper and everything.
I asked him if he ate the cupcake. He says "yes"
I asked him if he knew where his paper was...he said "I not know"
I think he ate the paper....

3 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

Oh, this one made me laugh out loud! Not just Doug eating the cupcakes, but Andy and the paper (or lack thereof). Just when you think they're getting civilized...

Peter L. said...

Maybe Andy needed more fiber?

This one made me lol as well.

ooolia said...

I'm laughing so hard, I'm almost crying. You make me feel much less alone in the world. :)