Sunday, March 16, 2008

Full House

Today at church we saw our baby sitter, Ben. I mentioned Andy's entourage and Ben said that he hadn't known names, but that Andy had mentioned "his people" helping him build things outside. So I was at least able to supply some names.
I mentioned it to the church nursery worker as we were dropping the kids off. She was intrigued and then when we came to pick the kids up after the service she said she was a little weirded out because apparently Andy now has "Zack" and the nursery worker said she spent the entire time trying to figure out where "Zack" was.

I suppose if you were going to run a construction zone (one of Andy's favorite playtime activities) then you would have a crew full of people also. So now we have Pete, Katie, The Other Katie, and Zack. I wonder if anyone else will show up.

No signs of any imaginary friends for Doug...but (and I don't think I have mentioned this before) he still occasionally pretends to be a dog. If you ask him if something tastes good he will often say "Woof Woof" and then pant.

Jo also took 4 steps today. Next thing I know she will be running....oh and I think I am in for another climber...she was standing on a box happily playing the piano (couldn't find my camera in time) and yesterday she was standing on the seat of her brothers' John Deere Push tractor.

As you can tell there is no lack for interesting things at our house and I don't think imaginary play is in any danger of extinction from my brood.

3 comments:

Peter L. said...

I think this series is the funniest yet for the blog.

If you think Andy's running a construction crew might be fun to find out what each person's area of expertise is. Hopefully someone's in the imaginary lunch truck as all these people working hard will get hungry.

Ann in NJ said...

None of my kids ever really had an imaginary friend. :( Stuffed animals that were part of the family, but no imaginary ones.

Perhaps the imaginary crew can get some stuff done around the house for you!

Jill in MA said...

Just wait until: "No, I didn't break the lamp -- Zack accidentally ran into it with his bulldozer...." My kids don't have any imaginary friends, either, but my sister had a couple when we were little. It drove me nuts when she'd blame something on her "friends" because I, of course, as a big sister, knew better.