Monday, March 17, 2008

New Challenge

So now with the whole imaginary friend stuff the tough part is going to be determining "who" is hanging around and what is pretend.

For instance, it is Spring Break so we have extra time with the kids and were able to go outside this morning. When we came in both boys needed diaper changes. After Jim got both kids done Andy hung around and proceeded to use 4 more wipes "to change the diapers of his people."

In the afternoon Doug fell asleep for a nap and Andy was playing downstairs with the kitchen stuff. He told me that "the JoJos" (yes...plural...he has two) were helping him in the kitchen. I got out of him that they were babies and were not Jo. They also don't help with the construction stuff.
Later I talked with him about it more and the Jojos may not be "permanent" but just a one time pretend play activity.

Oy, parenting is interesting stuff.

2 comments:

Peter L. said...

Cool I was right-on when I said he'd need kitchen help to feed "his people". The JoJos seem like they'd cook a good lunch when "the people" get hungry.

Ann in NJ said...

I love that they're "his people".