Sunday, August 10, 2008

Big D

Wednesday when we got the kids from the church nursery the baby-sitter was concerned because she said that Andy had gotten mad a couple times and kept saying "Big D--- It! Big D--- It!"
I was a little horrified and also was trying to figure out where he would have heard that. I will admit that I have let the occasional swear word slip out of my mouth but that is not the word that usually comes out. Similarly Jim has his moments but that is not his word of choice.
Well, a few days later it finally dawned on me what Andy was actually saying. On a construction site (Andy's favorite topic) you can have "Big Damage."
I asked Andy if that was what he was talking about on Wednesday and sure enough it was.
And thus my three year old retains his innocence.

2 comments:

Jill in MA said...

Thank goodness for innocence!

Ann in NJ said...

It won't last. But at this age, even if he WAS saying what she thought, it would still be innocent.

You would/will be surprised what they pick up in PRESCHOOL. And the middle school bus? Don't even got there.