Friday, August 29, 2008

New Olympics

As I was rushing across campus with Jo in a stroller, trying to get some errands done before I had to pick up the boys from preschool, I saw a couple of people wearing track and field shirts. I was thinking about how the historic track and field events were based on skills that people needed for living. I think it is time they updated the events for modern living.
I suggest:
  • The 50m stroller dash
  • The three flight of steps carrying a rear facing car seat
  • The dash for the plane carrying all your luggage (or for the class that already started and you're carrying your backpack)
  • The car push for when your starter has gone out and you need to pop start your car

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

I would add in

the grocery bag relay to unload the car - each bag must weigh at least 20 lbs. and the route must include at least one closed door

The subway/bus dash, including getting out correct change for everyone in your party. Bonus points for turnstiles.