Wednesday, August 6, 2008

UFO Pies

So I have definitely decided that Doug is going to be the child in the family with the wild imagination. I suppose Josie might top him when she gets beyond her 20-30 word vocabulary that mostly consists of variations in vowel sound on the word "dat."
I really should actually start writing his ideas down (though I would have to constantly carry a notebook because sometimes they come out in the most unexpected of places).
He has the usual things where he tells me he wants things (according to him he needs more Thomas characters for the train table, he saw a hamster in a book and said he wanted one, etc), but he told me the other day that it was a giant's birthday and that we needed to make a giant birthday cake. He informed me, at a different time, that he was going to have paper airplanes for his birthday (which is months and months away and I am still trying to figure out where he has encountered paper airplanes). He told me he wanted Spaceship pies...which I suppose I could actually do since pies are sort of UFO shaped....

No comments: