Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm lucky

This morning was the first day they have had the morning drop-off line at preschool. The boys did just fine. Doug did tell me that he was going to stay and do work with me, but he went just fine. So we have had three days without tears. My guys have always been flexible enough to not be too upset about me leaving them with someone else. Don't get me wrong...we have had our moments, and currently Josie is in a phase where she is upset when she realizes that I am leaving. However, I was feeling lucky to have such independent kids (even if sometimes that makes them a handful). The children in at least the two cars in front of me had to be torn physically from their mothers and were carried in kicking and screaming. My two just held the teacher's hand and walked in the door with hardly a glance back at me.

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

Yea for kids who are flexible! Your kids are confident that you will return for them, probably in part because you have left (and returned) on a regular basis. Even though Jo gets upset, I bet she's fine once you're out of sight.

Must admit, it probably doesn't hurt that they have each other...