Saturday, August 30, 2008

Get'r Done

We made progress today. Got some shopping done, Jim fixed the light kit on the fan in the den, made some decisions about things and I even worked on my paper a little bit. The down side of the day has been incredibly whiny children. All three of them have colds (I'm sure everyone is glad that we stayed home for Labor Day weekend rather then exposing them to our virus) and Doug was short of sleep because he was so restless during last night and then couldn't fall asleep for a nap. Jim is already feeling much better and we are hoping they all had the same cold so that everyone else will get better quickly also.

I also hung the cuckoo clock yesterday. It has been sitting on the piano for a loooooong time and I had honestly forgotten it until Andy started playing with it. So fortunately it still works. When I first hung it up it's cuckoo sounded a little sick and when I was setting it to the correct time all of the hours that it sounded had an extra cuckoo. However, it seems to sound better now and not be adding extra cuckoos.
Doug & Andy don't remember it from out old house, so of course they are all really fascinated by it. When Andy hears it go off he say "I heard it. Did you hear it?"
I hung it REALLY high up so that at least Jo can't reach the chains. And now, an added benefit, I can tell them that they need to do xyz before the next cuckoo.

No comments: