Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just strap them in...

Today has been a better day (perhaps yesterday's issue was that most of those things happened really close together). We got outside for about 40 minutes and the kids slept really late this morning (by late I mean they all slept until 8am...so by toddler time that is really late).
I did get a little fed up with them in the afternoon so before we headed to church I strapped them in the car (they can't really get at each other so much there) and we drove to the car wash. Doug kept telling me he was scared of the car wash (which he is...he doesn't like the noise), but as I hoped he and Jo both fell asleep before we got there (I'm not exactly sure how Jo will do with a car wash because I haven't actually been through one while she was awake yet). So Andy, who WANTED to go to the car wash, got to see it. I got a clean car on the outside and a mostly clean car on the instead because I purposefully went to one with a free vacuum. I sort of ran out of time to vacuum every square inch of the car. Since I hadn't really planned ahead I was vacuuming by pushing aside junk instead of cleaning it out, and since 2 out of 3 where asleep I didn't get to vacuum car seats, but it seems fabulous to actually have a cleaner car. The place actually had a machine to clean car mats that we didn't have time to try out so next time I am definitely planning on that.

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

If you get a chance, invest in some car cleaning wipes, for the plastic on your dashboard. they come just like Lysol wipes, and they leave the plastic looking shiny and new!