Sunday, August 17, 2008

Well maybe....

Surprising things around here today.
Andy counted to ten reliably (he built a Lego tower and we were counting the levels...it eventually got to 23 and then together we established the idea of a big base being stable and built a tower with 50 levels which was almost but not quite taller than the boys).
Doug informed me that the wants triceratops glasses, dinosaur shoes, and that I can't wear the barrette I got today until the dinosaurs come back (I'm not holding my breath).
And the biggest surprise of all...after working with potty training with the boys Josie wanted to sit on the potty too. So I stripped off her diaper and set her up there. She looked at me and peed!
I thought that might be a fluke so we tried later but she was already poopy when I went to try. But from her stomach muscles it looked like she was actually trying to pee. So I think if she indicates that she wants to sit on the potty I will keep letting her. It certainly can't hurt and for all I know she may potty train with or before the boys. She certainly seems more interested in it than they are.

No comments: