Friday, August 22, 2008

Recently

Recently I have been thinking back about what I was doing a year ago, two years ago, etc. Most of the time those reflections are accompanied by "Wow! I can't believe...."

Last year
  • I was living in an RV
  • I was still moving things from a storage unit in one town to a storage unit in our new town
  • We might have just found out that there was an offer on our house (though that could have been sometime in the next couple of weeks also)
  • Jo was only 3 months old and had already lived in three different locations
  • I was madly trying to figure out child care options for the boys (ended up with our baby-sitter)
  • I was trying to figure out which classes I should take versus what classes I needed to take (I ended up with what I should do)

Two years ago

  • I was just discovering that I was pregnant with Jo
  • I was just really getting into my PhD program

Three years ago

  • I was just in my first month back teaching school
  • Jim was staying home with the boys
  • We had survived (with much help) the first three months with twins

Time flies.

1 comment:

Ann in NJ said...

Time flies, doesn't it? Sometimes, if things are overwhelming, it does help to look back and see where you were - because often you remember how overwhelming THAT was, and now you've gotten through it!

Just wait 'til next year!